Sunday, September 17, 2017

I'm Back (Again)!!!!

                                                           Hello, Everyone!

I have been MIA for a little bit trying to catch up with things. It has been a busy, yet productive summer. My darling husband and I moved, I went down south to Mississippi to celebrate my granny's 90th birthday, I attended several musical and educational conferences, and I am preparing for my new leadership role at my school. Now that things have settled down, I am glad to be back blogging. First off, if I haven't said it before, I will say it now, CONGRATS to everyone who crossed the sands into greek-life. Now the REAL work begins. I love this time of year. New members are excited about putting in the work for the chapter; old members are excited that they can "pass the torch" to those new members, and prospective members are excited and nervous hoping that their local chapter will have membership intake.

As for me, one of the highlights of my summer was attending our 53rd National Convention. Being surrounded by thousands and thousands of sorors was just amazing.  Although my hubby usually joins me, this time he decided to stay back. The icing on the cake was that it was in Viva-Las Vegas. The next few posts will be about the great time I had in Vegas taking care of business and having a little fun on the side.

For those of you in college,  I wish you a beautiful and successful school year. For those of you not in college but are seeking membership into a BGLO, wishing you all the best!

Ciao for now,

V

3 comments:

  1. It is that time of year again, hoping the neighborhood graduate/alumnae chapter has intake. No intake in 9 years. I can only try to apply for membership with them because i live in the neighborhood that they serve. I wish i was allowed to apply in another area. I am in no position to move to another area...so i wait. And wait. And wait some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been there. I waited and waited and waited. Then there was word that my local chapter would have intake, only to find out they couldn't due to moratorium. I was so disappointed. To see my other friends who lived in different areas fulfill their dreams was heartbreaking. Then the wait was over. The local chapter finally voted on intake and I made line. After waiting for 15, (YES 15) years, I was extended an invitation to membership. I became in a member this past April. Trust me, the wait was worth it. Good luck to you.

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky! I have a question about intake and the rush process. I am a junior interested in rushing but I had to take this fall semester off due to financial reasons but will return spring semester as a full time student again. Next semester is when the organization I'm interested in rushing is supposed to be having a line. I wanted to know if I would still be able to rush even though on my transcript it won't have any classes or grades from this fall semester?? I've been beating myself up about it bc I really want to rush and make line next semester.

    ReplyDelete