Tuesday, September 19, 2017

53rd National Convention (Step-Show)

Yawn! As much as I love being in the choir, I was beyond exhausted. Living off two hours of sleep was very hard. As I stumbled to get on the bus, seeing the beautiful faces of my sorors made it all worthwhile and woke me up. As usual,  the opening ceremony was incredible. I always get teary-eyed during the ceremony. We welcomed a new honorary member, Patience Stephens, Ph.D. to the sisterhood. (Google her).  When the ceremony was over, I grabbed some lunch and attended several plenary sessions.

 I then went back to the hotel, to change into some comfortable clothes (paraphernalia) and headed to the step-show. What a great time we had.  Generally, I would try to hook up with my chapter members to sit with them. However, I was on a mission to find a seat where I would be able to capture great photos and video footage. As I sat down, right to the right of me was chapter sorors. I guess it was meant to be for me to be sitting right across from them. After exchanging that good ole' fashion Delta embrace, I pulled out my camera and started snapping away. The DJ was spinning on the 1's and 2's and soror was in the aisle getting their "stroll on. " I was able to capture some great video footage and pictures from the event. The National Executive Board showed up and showed out.  Sorors were decked out in their crimson and cream and were anxiously awaiting to see which chapter would claim the throne of first place. Overall, I actually enjoyed myself. The judges included members of the Divine Nine, and they did a great job judging the show. 




























When the show finally ended, the MC highlighted sorors who pledged from each decade. One, by one, each decade started to rep the decade that they pledged. It was so much fun. When it was all over, I began to follow a group of sorors "thinking" they were heading back to the shuttle bus to take us BACK to Mandalay Bay. Big mistake. I realized, they were all staying AT the MGM hotel, and they were just heading back to their rooms. After realizing that I had to make my way BACK to the Garden Arena to head back to the shuttle bus area. By this time I was starving! I grabbed a bite to eat and headed back to the hotel. Although I was tired as all get out, I had to transfer my photo/video images to my computer to clean out my card. I needed a fresh brand new card for tomorrow's events. (Really today's events since it was well past 2 am.) I was finally able to get into bed by 2:30 a.m. only to get up 2 hours later for our Interfaith Worship Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment