Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy Holidays!!!!


Happy Holidays to all of you out there! I can't believe it's the end of 2015, and in two days it will be 2016. 2015 was an incredible year for me, and I am looking forward to another year (God-willing). Thanks to all of you that have followed me this year, and humbled from all of the "Thank You" emails that I have received. A lot of you have asked me why did I decide to create this blog? Well, I think I made it well known that once upon a time I was in your shoes. A little girl, trying to understand this thing called "Greek Life." I had no idea where to turn, who to go to, where even to begin. This generation, however, is blessed that you have this thing called the "internet." I think I will save all of that for another blog.

I hope all of you had a successful in 2015, and I wish you all blessed 2016. I spent the holidays with my family, and one of the main events that I was thrilled to become a part of was my Chapter's annual "Kwanzaa" event. It was indeed a blessing to be amongst sorors, family, friends, and other members of the Divine Nine to Celebrate Kwanzaa. My oldest brother was in town visiting me from San Diego, and this was his first time experiencing Kwanzaa, so I was happy that I was able to share his first experience with him. 

I am now on the verge of finishing up my last 2015 newsletter (I am the corresponding secretary) and gearing up for Founders Day next month. I can't believe that my sorority will be 103 years old next month. As I am typing this post, I am looking my beautiful Christmas Tree, and I am sad that in two days I will be taking it down.

Now that the old year is winding down and the new year is heading our way rather quickly, you know what that means right???? RUSH! INFORMATIONAL! NEW MEMBERSHIPS! INVITATIONS! NERVES! SPRING 2016 INITIATES!  I am sure are anxiously waiting for that special flier to be put up at your campus/college/university/community so you can attend. For those of you preparing to go through membership intake training, I want to wish you all the best in your journey. Hopefully, this blog was able to help guide you in some way. If you can cross those "burning sands" and you have followed me on my blog, I would appreciate that you either leave a comment or send me an email. I've been known for sending "gifts" to those who I have established a close e-relationship. 

Until 2016,

Happy Holidays
Merry Christmas
Happy Kwanzaa
Happy Holidays 
and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ciao for now,

V




No comments:

Post a Comment