Thursday, February 18, 2010

You've Been Accepted!!!!



It's that time of year again, and I felt the need to post a blog and CONGRATULATE those who have received an invitation to join the organization of their choice. If this is you and you have been following my blog, I would love to hear from you. So with that being said.....

CONGRATS! Your dreams have finally come true! You can't believe it, you were FINALLY accepted and within the next few days you will become an MIT (Member in Training,, back in the day we use to call this a "pledge") You are overcome with emotion and you can't believe that in a few weeks, or months (depending on your organization and/or process) you will be a member of the organization you dreamed about.

As much as you would like to shout it to the world, call your family, friends, boo, roommate, etc...I would advise against it. Instead take this time to prepare yourself for what you are about to face ahead. If you are a student, your life is about to change because your study habits are going to increase drastically. Although I can't speak for all organizations, I can tell you that the Tests that you have to take AND pass for Delta is NO JOKE! I swear I felt as if I was taking the ACTs/SATs all over again. If you are joining an alumnae chapter, time management will be your best friend. Although I didn't pledge (or join) Delta through an alum chapter, I can only imagine trying to balance a family, work, and school (if you attend school part-time) household, et.c....... But many before you have done it SUCCESSFULLY, so I am sure you will have no problems fitting it all in your schedule.

Once again congratulations, and I hope you treasure and value your process. I know I did and wouldn't change one thing about it! Learning all that valuable information about my organization, my beloved founders, and my chapter was an experience that I will never forget.

5 comments:

  1. I just got my call (in an alumnae chapter) and I'm so nervous yet so excited. Thanks for the great information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled onto this blog and plan to start following but I enter my amazing Fraternity in the Spring 2009 and it has a been an amazing experience ever since.

    I love your blog. Its very nice and informative for non-greek and Greek members

    BLU Icez
    SP09
    Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gt my call today!!! Unfortunately, i can't disclose my identity. but i soon will.

    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete