Monday, April 20, 2020

I can't keep Calm it's My DeltaVersary!




Twenty years ago, in the wee hours in the morning, I, along with eight other women, pledged our desires and became proud members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. What started as a cold and raining night, ended up being a GLORIOUS day for all of us. During our 10th year Delta-Versary we all went to Vegas. We had a BALL! We made plans to go to Turk's and Caicos this year to celebrate our 20th. Unfortunately, COVID19 had other plans for us. We were all devastated! I had my gifts ready for them, was looking forward to getting my hair braided. I purchased several swimsuits and was prepared to kick it with my ships.  Instead of kicking it on the beach, we had to celebrate over the internet, what a BUMMER!


To soften the blow, I FINALLY opened up my Delta Doll that I pre-ordered around national convention last year. It was BEAUTIFUL! I had to pull out my camera to take a few pictures of it. Although NOTHING will replace our 20th trip, this doll made me feel better.

Happy 20th Shippies! I can't wait to celebrate with you when it's safe. #DST #CrimsonCream #1913 #DeltaSigmaTheta #EpsilonXi #EXi #FinancialAndActive #TwentyYears #Fortitude #Sisterhood #Scholarship #Service #SIUE #MightyMidwestMade #DS9mm #DaAssassin #Spring2000

Isn't she lovely???


Customized with my Line Info

Oo-oop!




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I pray for the day I can be just as excited...

    ReplyDelete