Saturday, February 20, 2016

Founders Day Celebration.....


I was so excited today to attend my chapter's founders day celebration. It was fun, festive, and educational. Originally were going to have Soror Daphne Maxwell-Reid as the guest speaker, but unfortunately she had an emergency and had to cancel at the last minute.  Thankfully we were able to secure Past Second Vice President Chelsea Hayes. She was AWESOME!!!! 



The entire day was filled with positive energy, love and sisterhood. We also had an opportunity to give back to the community. Our Community Service Project; Blessing Bags. We were able to put together over 150 bags for the homeless and those re-entering society following incarceration.

Sorors hard at work!

The Finished Product





3 comments:

  1. Ms. Vicki, thanks for writing this blog. I've been attending an alumnae chapter's public events for years, & I have community service. They have not had intake in close to 10 years. Should I share with them, one-on-one, that I am interested, or should I contact national headquarters first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mrs. Love,
    I had a question. What is your stance on people who ONLY choose new members because they're friends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to pledge but I am so scared

    ReplyDelete