Saturday, March 14, 2015

25/50 Year Celebration!!!!

Happy Sunday Readers!

Last week was a busy week for me. Other than my normal full-load school schedule, I was excited that my chapter was attending our annual Founders Day Celebration. Another local chapter in my area was hosting the event, and our guest speaker was our National President, Dr. Walker. I was an incredible event, and I love the feeling of being surrounded by my beloved sorority sisters.

The two best part of the weekend's event for me was the Dr. Walker's speech, and watching sorors receive recognition of being a part of the sisterhood for 25 and 50 years.  For some reason, as they walked up to the podium to receive their plaque, I became emotional. What an honor. What a joy. I can't wait until I can celebrate 25 years in being a member of one of the greatest organizations.

5 comments:

  1. I asked this in another section of this, but I decided maybe I should ask on a more recent post. I know that DST gets off moratorium very soon, but all of the girls graduated at my school in May. What happens next for people who want to join now that they are all gone? Just trying to get a little insight on what me and a couple other girls should do. We are in limbo with this lol. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U stay asking the same question. Most likely the next line will be PAPER and be brought in by the grad chapter

      Delete
    2. If they all have graduated in May, then more than likely it is up to the nearest alumnae chapter if they want to bring the chapter back. Good luck to you!

      Delete
  2. If I have a 2.7491 GPA how would Delta Sigma Theta view my GPA? Am I able to round this to 2.75 on my application?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you will not be able to round. If the requirements is a 2.75 then you will need a 2.75. And quite honestly as competitive it is to become a member, you might want to strive in getting a 3.0.

      Delete