Sunday, March 6, 2011

Can I join more than ONE Greek Letter Organization????








It all depends....The pictures above are all the Greek Letter Organizations I was involved with in College.... Three of them are Honors Organization (PTK, KDP, and SAL) One is a music fraternity for women (SAI) and one is a community service organization (APO). Not only was I a member in these organization I was President, and Vice president for almost all of them, so as you can see, I was very involved in my college years. I use to be called a Greek Head because of my involvement, I guess I can see that! :-)

I am happy to report that I am still very active in ALL but one of the organizations I listed. There are many other Greek Orgs such as Christian Greek , other Music Greek Orgs such as KKPsi TBS, Greek Dance Orgs, ect...

I guess my point is, as long as you are not involved in another SOCIAL Greek Org (NPC or IFC or MGC) then you can definitely apply for membership in NPHC.

9 comments:

  1. awww SAI thats my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy when I members of NPHC write blog post as such to educate people. Academic/Professional sororities are another venue where people can serve their communities. I am a member of a Professional Black Sorority founded in 1923, and many of my sorors are also VERY active in their NPHC organizations. There is no doubt the we are a sisterhood (Yes there is a "process"), and we all work together to serve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it possible for someone who tried out for 1 greek organization, got turned down and then became a member of another greek organization? How does that look on that person? or what is your opinion towards that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE AphiO! Hey brother! iLF&S :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I attend a college in Ohio (I dont want to state which campus) I am a current member of Gamma Sigma Sigma National Service Sorority, unfortunately it isn't accepted by other orgs. On campus and I am interested in joining a BGLO how do I go about dealing with this situation?? Please help

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing. I am a member of my sorority, a brother of APO, in the Order of Omega, and in the Omicron Delta Kappa circle at my school. How do you wear your badges/pins? Do you wear them all at the same time?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my name is Angela S. and I, too am a member of APO. I love my royal blue and old glory gold. Spring 11. Nickname: Dr. A+

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a member of a SERVICE (not social) latin greek organization in MGC but very interested in joining a Social Org in NPHC...is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The low gpa for grad school requirements are out there and often it’s just a case of doing some research to find them.

    ReplyDelete