Saturday, October 5, 2024

Happy Fall Semester 2024!


Hello Everyone!

I can't believe it's about to be fall! Where has the time gone? Just checking in to see how you all are doing out there. To my freshmen out there, how's it your first few months of college been? Hopefully, things have a been going great. I know it's probably been an adjustment. No one to wake you up for classes, or tell you to GO to class for that matter. I remember my first semester of college. It was definitely a "Different World," (pun intended). I loved every part of it. The freedom and independence was a blessing AND a curse. I missed mama's cooking, washing my clothes, and just loving on me, but I LOVED my freedom. The best advise I can give you is ENJOY this time. This should be THEE best time of your life. Trust me, adulting is NOT ALL THAT!

To those of you that are brand new to learning about the greek life experience, I would recommend that you check them ALL out. Attend ALL events. Of course, I you should do your research, (Google & Youtube should be your best friend), however check out the chapters on campus. See what greek life is all about. It's more than just strolling, strutting, step shows, calls,  & letters. The Greek life experience is all about making connections, networking and making life-long friendships. 

So what's the first time step with getting know the members of greek life? Join other RSOs on campus. (Registered Student Organization). Student Government, Back Student Union, Music Organizations (Kappa Kappa Psi, Sigma Alpha Iota, Phi Mu Alpha), Community Service Orgs (Alpha Phi Omega), etc. More than likely, you will connect with other D9 members that are also members. 

I would love to hear from you all to see how your semester is going. Fall Rush/Information is probably going on as well. I hope my past posts were helpful in terms of the do's and don'ts to prepare you all for it. 


Wishing you all a wonderful Fall Semester! Here's to ALL of of those "A's"


Ciao for now,

V

6 comments:

  1. Recently participated in a grad chapter rush. We were given date x to complete packets and 10 days later they are do. At rush we were also told 10 days after applications were due money is due and an amount. However 10 days from application seems extremely fast. We are now 7 days from
    Money being due and no interview calls have went out. I’m confused because within this blog most waits for interview are much longer. I’m starting to worry and wonder how they will pull this off with regional approval, voting, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are referring to rush for DST, then money isn’t due 10 days after the application was due. I think you may have misunderstood. Money won’t be due until after an invitation call for membership. But if you are referring to a different org, then I’m not sure.

      Delete
    2. I’m pleased to update that I did not misunderstand. I was invited to membership and the $ is due just as I stated it was. They pulled off the tight deadline. Very excited!

      Delete
  2. I just want to express my sincere gratitude to the owner of this blog. It is a wealth of information for those of us who are researching and patiently waiting for our opportunity. You could be doing anything with your time and energy, but you consistently provide a place for us to ask questions and get answers. You are appreciated very much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this comment. I am thrilled to know that you have found this blog helpful. I remember way back when, when I was on the other side wanting to know the do's and don'ts of Greeklife. I made a promise to create a space for prospective members.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back and thanks for all you do! We so appreciate this block for your insight and for the camaraderie it fosters. <3

    ReplyDelete