Sunday, September 17, 2017

CANCELLED!!!!

                                                      TAKE ONE

What an exciting day. My hubby dropped me off at the Airport, and I was ecstatic to be running into sorors. After we embraced right before the security line, my darling husband headed home. I noticed that the sky was turning dark which was a little concerning to me. I called my husband and told him to be careful going back. The rain was coming down real hard, and then it happened. Everyone's phones started going off at the airport. Phoenix was about to get a massive storm, and there was a flood warning. Those that know me know I can be worrywart sometimes. I didn't want to call my husband and distract him from focusing on the road. So I just sat there waiting patiently for him to call me to let me know he made it back home safe. Around an hour later, (we only live 20 mins from the airport) he finally called and told me that he drove through the worst weather he has ever seen since we moved here.  Here is a video of what we were dealing with and what my husband drove through on the 101. Yes, that is a run-a-way boat, YIKES!


I was just thrilled he was home. Then it happened. Our flight got pushed back an hour, then 2 hours, then 4 hours, then...yup! CANCELLED! I was sad a little bit however if it was to keep us safe, then I am all for it. I called my Vegas hotel and told them that I would not be checking in until the next day. 


Next, I had to stand in this LONG line to secure a ticket exchange for the next day. I was praying while I was in line to get an early flight. An hour and a half after standing in line, I was able to secure an early 8:45 a.m. flight to Vegas. I was the LAST one. The woman behind me was not happy at all, but there was really nothing I could do about that. I then called my darling husband to pick me up. I went back home and discovered I left a few outfits in the spare bedroom. I was relieved to know that I had an opportunity to re-pack. 

Although I was sad for a "hot second," it dawned on me that this was indeed a blessing. I was able to re-pack my clothes, AND I there was $253.00 I didn't have to spend that night in the hotel since I wasn't checking in until the next day. I decided to use that amount towards the money I budgeted for at the vendors, YES! When I told my husband, he was like there you go, always making lemonade out of lemons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment